Lets talk bikini lines and bikini bumps. If you’re among the millions of girls on earth who wax or shave their nether regions, it is safe to say that at one point or the other you would have experienced those pesky little red or black bumps on your bikini line.
Bikini bumps are super annoying, problematic and embarrassing for any bikini wearer. The appearance of those bumps could take your bikini bod confidence down a couple of notches in one sighting. The bumps appear from shaving or waxing your bikini line and also from improper caring for skin after the hair removal which then leads to ingrown hairs and an irritated skin.
You’re not alone, bikini bumps happens to the best of us and so it’s nothing to be ashamed off so here’s our top tips on how to rid your bikini line of bumps for good!
PHASE 1 – PREPPING
- Make sure hair grows out slightly before shaving or waxing again. Resisting the temptation to shave at this point is such a crucial step for having a smooth bikini line.
- Soak in shower/bath for at least 5 minutes before shaving. For cold water bath addicts, this is the time to try a hot water bath because the steam/ heat generated from the hot water helps to soften and relax the hair follicles making the skin easier to shave.
- Remember to exfoliate. This is probably the most important step in the entire process. Exfoliating your bikini area with a mild exfoliator / body scrub will rid the area of dead skin cells and help you get a closer shave.
PHASE 2 – SHAVING
- Always use a fresh razor when shaving because that’s when the blades are the sharpest as blunt blades are prone to cause bumps.
- Never shave over razor bumps, this will only irritate the skin more, cause it to bleed and create ingrown hairs which then lead to pimple-like bumps.
- Ditch trying to lather up your bar of soap or body wash, it’s best to use a proper shaving cream, especially those with moisturizing oils.
- A very important step is to first shave in a downward motion with the grain of the hair. After which, you then run the razor upwards against the grain of the hair slowly to achieve a closer shave and reduce any razor burn. After shaving rinse the area with warm water and pat to dry.
PHASE 3 – AFTER CARE
- Protect and moisturize! After shaving moisturize the area with a thin moisturizer and let dry. Next, apply an anti bump ointment or spray or a thin layer of mild deodorant to the bikini line after shaving. Make sure to use a different deodorant stick than the one you use on your arm pits.
- Lastly, resist any urges to scratch the sensitive area.
Now you can enjoy a silky smooth bikini line and rock that bikini bod with confidence.